If you’ve spent any amount of time online, running a business, in the last few years you’ll be familiar with the saying “Content is King”.
You may even have said it. Or at least heard it wringing in your ears while you open up your writing program, grit your teeth, and outline yet another article.
According to the internet / powers that be / people we want to be when we grow up there are a few things you must do to succeed in the web game.
- Publish often.
- Publish long posts, well thought out and with lots of research.
- Publish short posts of less than 500 words.
- Use video
- Use images, always
- Have an active comment section.
- For God’s sake, don’t have comments!
- Share everywhere.
- Share only in carefully chosen places.
- Email every day!
- Email weekly, in a digest.
- Be unique
- Do what already works
Fortunately there is something you can do that trumps all this other advice.
You can pick and choose what works best for you. So long as you’re doing something, you enjoy it (or, at least, don’t hate it) and you consistently improve you’re set.
Do something that works for you.